Indian citizens do not require any visa whatsoever to reach Andaman Islands. Please note that Indian citizens require permit to visit Jolly Bouy Island, Cinque Island and few other islands that are not open in general for tourists. You do not require any permit to visit Havelock Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island, Mayabunder, Rangat, Diglipur, Long Island and Hutbay. Also note that Nicobar Island is not open for travellers.
Things required by Indian Citizen to Get Restricted/Protected Area Permit in Andaman Islands
- ANY PHOTO ID GOVERNMENT CARD
- PAN CARD, PASSPORT, LICENSE OR AADHAR CARD WILL DO.
- A FORM IS FILLED ON YOUR BEHALF BY TRAVEL AGENTS WHO THEN GET ACCESS TO THE PERMIT FOR A GIVEN ISLAND
Foreign travellers or People who do not have Indian Passport require valid Visa to Enter into Andaman Islands. Please note that your visa should not be stamped with "Entry to restricted areas NOT permitted". In such cases you need to consult the authorities who provided the visa.
Things to know for NON Indian Passport Holders
- VISA SHOULD NOT BE STAMPED WITH "Entry to restricted areas NOT permitted"
- RESTRICTED AREA PERMIT PROVIDED ON ARRIVAL - These permit are provided for Free to all NON INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS. Fill the form and submit it so as to stay in Andamans for 30 Days. This permit can be extended to 15 More Days, just 3 Days before the permit lapse. This extension in permit is not guaranteed.