Reach Swaraj Dweep from Port Blair
Swaraj Dweep can be reached in 3 Ways.
1. By Availing Sea Plane from Port Blair to Havelock. Sea Plane Operates every day except Sundays. Currently, Sea Plane is not operational in Andaman.
2. By Availing Government Ferry or Cruise to Swaraj Dweep Island. Government Ferry operates daily even during OFF Season. Private cruise such as Makruzz, Sea Link Cruise, Green Ocean Cruise, Express Bhagya and Coastal Cruise operate with limited sailing schedule in May, June, July and August. All Ferry schedules within Andaman Islands can be found here FERRY SCHEDULE IN ANDAMAN
3. By Availing Chartered boat services. These are expensive, but luxurious and can take you to Havelock Island within an hours time.
Things to Know when travelling to Swaraj Dweep Island
- PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL TO HAVELOCK IN BAD WEATHER - The chances are that the ferry will get cancelled by authorities.
- CARRY VALID ID CARD - Id card is required during checking into the ferry.
- CAN TRAVEL IN AFTERNOON - There is a 2:00 PM Government Ferry that can take you directly to Swaraj Dweep Island. This is for people who are arriving in the afternoon flight and wish to go to Swaraj Dweep on the same day. During season cruises also have a schedule.
- TIMINGS - Ferry timing specifically those operated by Private companies changes quite a lot. Government Ferry is always on time. We suggest you to book ticket in Advance if you are visiting Swaraj Dweep.
- RETURN FROM SWARAJ DWEEP Avoid travelling from Swaraj Dweep the same day when your departure is from Port Blair.
Travelling from Neil Island(Shaheed Dweep) to Shaheed Dweep
Government Ferry or Private Cruise is the only option to reach Swaraj Dweep Island from Neil Island. Here you can filter to see what time best suits you - FERRY SCHEDULE IN ANDAMAN
Travelling to Swaraj Dweep or Havelock Island From Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi or any other Indian City
You first need to arrive in Port Blair airport and then follow the procedures mentioned for reaching havelock island from Port Blair. Some flights come early and some in the afternoon. If you wish to go to Havelock on the same day of arrival then you need to arrive before 12:30 PM just so that you can board the last ferry to Havelock Island at 2:00 PM.
Travelling to Swaraj Dweep Island from Foreign Countries
Foreign travellers visiting Havelock should get their restricted areas permits. This is given right upon arrival in Port Blair airport. Counters for foreign travellers are present where you can check, if there is anything else required. Valid Passport and visa is required to enter Andaman Islands.